The Clans of the Falls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ceremonials

Go down

Ceremonials Empty Ceremonials

Post by Quill Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:47 pm

A guide to the various ceremonies within the clans-

Apprentice-to-warrior:

Apprentices must pass an assessment, where their abilities as a warrior are checked. This is designed by their mentor. In cases when the apprentice has just made an important contribution to the clan, the leader may decide that there is no need for an assessment. The leader will call a clan meeting and call the apprentice forward.
Leader: I, (Leader), leader of (Clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/she has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior.
(Apprentice), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?
Apprentice: I do.
Leader: Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. (Apprentice), from this moment you will be known as (new name, list reasons why this apprentice has been named this way if possible). Starclan honors your (virtues), and we welcome you as a full warrior of (Clan).
The leader rests his or her muzzle on the apprentice's head, and he or she licks the leader's shoulder. The rest of the Clan then greets the new warrior by calling their name. The warrior will sit a silent vigil guarding the camp that night. Sageclan has their new warriors sit on the Outlook.
A user may ask to have an apprentice turned into a warrior after an appropriate amount of roleplaying training sessions, and roleplaying an assessment. The user should privately PM the user who owns the leader the name so it can come as a surprise to the rest of us! After the ceremony, you may upgrade the stats of the new warrior on their character sheet.

Kit-to-apprentice:

The clan leader calls a clan meeting to appoint a new apprentice and assign a mentor to him/her. The following words are used, by tradition:
Leader: (Kit), you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as (new name, ending with 'paw'). I ask Starclan to watch over you and guide you until you find in your paws the strength and courage of a warrior.
The leader calls up the warrior he/she has chosen as a mentor.
Leader: (Warrior), you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have shown yourself to be fierce and brave. You will be the mentor of (apprentice), and I expect you to pass on all you know to him/her.
The mentor touches noses with the apprentice, and the Clan greets the new apprentice by calling out his/her name. After this, the apprentice will usually go greet their family, or go see to their mentor.
You may aska Keeper to upgrade your kit after a considerable amount of roleplaying of the kit. The Keeper will in turn alert the user who owns the leader of the clan. You do not have to go chronologically (as in wait until the roleplay plot progresses enough to make your kit six moons). Once it is confirmed that your kit may become an apprentice, please announce that they need a mentor before officially becoming one.

Medicine Cat Apprentice-
The leader calls a clan meeting, after the clan's medicine cat announces that he or she wishes to mentor an apprentice. The following words are used, by tradition:
Medicine Cat: It's time I took an apprentice. I have chosen a cat that has shown (virtues). Your next medicine cat will be (apprentice).
Leader: (Apprentice), do you accept the post of apprentice to (medicine cat)?
Apprentice: I do.
Medicine Cat: Then at the half-moon, you must travel to the Moon Tree to be accepted by Starclan before the other medicine cats. The good wishes of all (Clan) will go with you.
The mentor touches noses with the apprentice, and the Clan greets the new apprentice.
In this 'verse, every medicine cat must have an apprentice. When a new medicine cat is instated,you may personally request the user to have your kit who is old enough/apprentice become the new apprentice. It is up to the user's digression, it is not first come first serve. Please remember that no matter if you are or aren't a medicine cat apprentice, every cat will play an important part in the plot. Just because you don't get chosen doesn't mean you won't be involved in important parts of the plot.
Once an apprentice is ready to become a full medicine cat, they are taken to the Moon Tree once again at the next half-moon and accepted by Starclan.

Deputyship-
If one of the clan's previous deputies died, retired, or was promoted as leader, a new one must be appointed before moonhigh the same day, according to the Warrior Code. After the leader has decided on the new deputy, he or she calls a clan meeting and makes the announcement with the following words:
Leader: I say these words before Starclan, so that the spirits of (our warrior ancestors or former deputy name) may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of (clan) is (warrior's name).
The decision on which cat is to be the new deputy is a consulting between Keeper and the user who owns the leader. You may recommend one of your cats, but that is not a guarantee that they will become the deputy. The cat who is chosen should be kept secret until the actual roleplayed ceremony. The cat doesn't necessarily have to accept the position-- a back-up will also be discussed to account for this. Again, if your cat is not chosen as deputy, that does not mean that you are insignificant to the roleplay. Every warrior is important and valuable to the story.

Leadership-

The new leader goes to the Moon Tree with the Clans' medicine cat. Nine cats, normally ones who were significant during the new leader's life, give them their nine lives with these words:
Life-Giver: (Touches nose to the top of the new leader's head) With this life I give you (gift). Use it well (to, in, as, for, ect.) (use of gift).
When all of the lives have been given, the previous leader says these words:
Previous Leader: I hail you by your new name, _____star. Your old life is no more. Starclan grants you the guardianship of (Clan). Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity.
Just as the living would call a warrior by their new name, the Starclan cats acclaim the new leader. After the ceremony, the new leader is not allowed to tell any cat what happened during the ceremony, not even the medicine cats which were present.
Getting nine lives does not necessarily mean a leader will live longer, but they can survive certain accidents or injuries that would claim the life of a non-leader cat.

Clan Meetings-

These are usually called to exhibit the above ceremonies, or announce clan news, such as battles, solutions to problems and the problems themselves, new developments, ect.
The phrases for each clan are:
Everclan: "All cats old enough to navigate the sinkhole gather beneath the Pine for a clan meeting!"
Sageclan: "All cats old enough to run through our fields gather beside the Fallen Oak for a clan meeting!"
Ashclan: "All cats old enough to swim the Watercourse gather beneath the Stepping Rock!"
Fernclan: "All cats old enough to climb to the Highlands gather beneath High Ledge!"
Cherryclan: "All cats old enough to hunt in the deep forests gather beneath High Rock!"

Additional-
Apprentices on the brink of death may have a warrior ceremony. This is quiet and usually held in the medicine den with only the leader, medicine cat, and family and friends present.
Name changes are brief and not quite as traditional as ceremonies, therefore, the leader usually chooses what they'll say. It is still as ceremonious and formal, however.
Cats moving to the elders den are acknowledged as well. (ex. "I ask (clan) to honor (warrior)'s service and acknowledge their moving to the elder's den.)

Quill
Quill
Admin

https://clansofthefalls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum